Monday, May 16, 2011

B is for Boy Baby Shower

I am serving in YW right now in our ward. And 5 out of the 8 YW leaders are
pregnant. One of them happens to be my friend, Brittany Barnard. Who is the BEST Mia Maid advisor EVER!! She has 2 little girls already and when I found out she was pregnant, I told her if it was a boy, I get to do her shower. Well SURE ENOUGH, when she had her ultrasound, she found out she was having her very first baby boy. And since i am an expert at baby boys, I couldn't wait to do her shower!!
In prepping for the shower, I asked her what she was going to name him? She and her hubby were still debating names & so my idea of a "B is for Boy" Baby Shower theme was born. You see, her name is Brittany Barnard. And this was Baby Boy Barnard. So the "B" theme fit perfect!!
 My friend Cadi, offered to do the shower with me. I was so excited to have her help. I've worked with Cadi before on Activities Committee and LDS Prom and she is as "freakish" as I am when it comes to parties and the details.
 (And I mean that in the nicest way possible)
So after a month of prep time, here are the pictures of the final product.
The living room piano was the first thing guests saw when they walked into the house. I had wrapped some white candles in scrapbook paper that matched the shower colors.
Weeks before the shower, I made up small cards (kind flashcard looking). All had "B is for..." and then a vintage picture of a 'B' item that had to do with baby. I found unfinished wood frames as the Dollar Tree (some were 2 for $1). I painted and antiqued them so we could place them in various spots around the shower. Total I made 20. They were WAY time consuming but turned out darling and I was so happy with the results.
(On top of piano B is for...
bath, booties, bubbles, buggie, bassinet) 
I made a diaper cake for the mom-to-be's gift. It served as the centerpiece of the gift table. Again using matching scrapbook paper and ribbon to wrap the layers diapers. Don't you love the HUGE buttons? They are just small unfinished wood plaques that you can get at any craft store and my hubby drilled holes in them to look like buttons.
In the entry way we had a small table that had the mom-to-be's thank you cards & envelopes that each guest could fill out there address on. I had also framed a copy of the invite to display on this table.
Small grouping on my hallway pie safe
B is for Baby
I borrowed this adorable white sofa table and put it in the hallway. On it we had a game for guests to play (guess the number of kisses in the bottle) and also an advice book where guests could write to Brittany.
The 3 frames had B is for Boy, Bear & Book.
Also made this simple banner out of matching scrapbook paper
Small banner of onesies that matched out shower colors.
Found these at the Dollar Tree, if you can believe it!!
Now onto the food :) We had assigned out all the food except for dessert.
Let me tell you, all the food was DE-LISH!! We had chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, cinnamon sugar chips with fruit salsa, tortellini pasta salad,  veggie pizza with dill, apricot & brie bites, mushroom turnovers...Every bite was so yummy!!
Thanks to all those who brought something to share.
They are kind of hard to see in this pic but hanging among the cute paper lanterns are more "B" that Cadi painted and antiqued!! She did a fabulous job.
I put arrows in the pic below so you can kind of see the B's
Better view of some of the food :)
We served out paper products out of small galvanized buckets.
All the "B" you see are courtesy of Cadi who painted and antiqued them all.
Flower, frames and buckets were on the back of the serving table
B is for Bib 
Its hard to see but that mason jar is filled with binkies and one tied to the front
because B is for Binkie 
B is for Bottle
B is for Bow tie
Drinks were water bottles with a custom label. Served out of a huge galvanized bucket. As well as Limeade that we served out of mason jars.

All the mason jars were tied with a small metal edged tag so guests could write their name on their cups. I also found these blue straws that matched PERFECT!!
For dessert, I made cupcakes. 3 different kinds. We served them off of these adorable galvanized cupcake trays and tiered cake platters. Only got pictures of 2 kinds...3rd flavor was "Better than Anything" cupcakes-YUM!! 

Red Velvet
Lemon Cream Cheese
(these were sooooo good!!)
B is for Ball
B is for Blanket & Bike.
Small grouping in corner of the family room
B is for Brother
And of course the bathroom had to match.
B is for Bottom
As guests left, we had a small table by the front door where they could take there favors. The favors were small metal tins filled with blue, green & brown M&M's.
On top each tin said "B is for Boy."
Thank you so much Brittany for letting Cadi & I do your shower. I am so excited for the arrival of you new baby boy.

2 comments:

  1. I love the theme of this shower. Where did you find the vintage baby item images for the "B" cards? Do you have them available for download or can I purchase them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! I just did a google search online for the vintage baby pictures. I found them pretty easily. I no longer have the files in my computer. Sorry!! Best of luck.

      Delete