Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh what do you do when it's conference time...

I LOVE General Conference weekend. The talks are always so uplifting and seem to be exactly what I need to hear. So what do you do while your listening to conference? I used to just lay around on the couch but then realized that made it REALLY hard to stay awake. So the last 2 years (4 conferences), I've done little projects during conference. Crafting is relaxing to me and it's the perfect way to keep my bum in one spot long enough to listen to a session.
So what did I work on...
Well I started by pulling out my Halloween decorations.
I'm in the midst of changing my living room decor so my Halloween decorations from last year that had lots of orange in them, had to be re-vamped.
So I changed everything for my living room to JUST black & white.
I re-wrapped my white candles that adorn my coffee table. I also re-cut my boys names in white vinyl to change their cauldrons that sit atop my piano. Lastly, I found a adorable free Halloween printable that I found on Eighteen25. I attached it to black card stock and just cut it to fit in the frame that ALWAYS sits on my piano.
Easy Peasy & free-sy!!
Next I made Halloween magnets for my chalkboard & my fridge.
I made them to match my fall "To-Do" list. Am I the only one who must have a different "To-Do" pad for every season??  
THEN I cut some new vinyl for my Halloween plates.
Got the idea for the skull on
(her's is WAY cuter than mine. but it's not to shabby for just working with what I got!!
The bird was a free printable that I found on pinterest.
Its from a blog called bloominghomestead.
Then FINALLY
I have wanted to make a Halloween wreath for YEARS!! I've NEVER gotten around to it because I've never found anything that I liked.
This year...thanks to my new addiction *pinterest*, I found lots of cute yet spooky Halloween wreaths that I LOVED.
Here's what I came up with...
Don't know why but this year I am LOVING the crow thing??
Good luck with your Halloween Decor :)
Happy Haunting.

1 comment:

  1. cute wreath! how'd you make the web? spray painting a twig wreath black is a great idea! i love pinterest.

    ReplyDelete