Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vinyl Projects~

Over the past couple of months, I've done a couple of vinyl projects for myself or friends that I wanted to share.
 
Wedding Tiles are always popular but I like how these have the first initial instead of the last name that you see all the time. I also like the simplicity of the date...and no 'Est.' in front of it.
Unless you've been living under a rock...you know that SUBWAY art is all the rage these days. Here are a couple of projects I've just recently done.
A good friend of mine is from San Francisco & wanted to surprise her parents with a large sign that had all the places they used to go in SF when they lived there. So she sent me the words & I imported the logos or fonts that matched the place, then put the board together. LOVE the way it turned out!!
Recently, 2 of the ladies who serve in YW with me JUST had babies. They were both 3rd babies so I REALLY wanted to do something special for them but different since they weren't really in NEED of baby stuff. I found the idea of baby subway art on Pinterest & thought it was DARLING!! Here is what I came up with for them.
Recently, 2 of the ladies who serve in YW with me JUST had babies. They were both 3rd babies so I REALLY wanted to do something special for them but different since they weren't really in NEED of baby stuff. I found the idea of baby subway art on Pinterest & thought it was DARLING!! Here is what I came up with for them.
When I was called as YW Pres, the YW closet had some value boards in there. I liked the idea of having a board with each value but the boards in the closet were old and needed a little face lift. So...to get ready for New Beginnings in January, I re-did all the boards. I'm proud to say that I modge-podged paper to the front of a wood board. I've NEVER MODGE PODGED BEFORE!! SO YAY FOR ME!! Then added the value in white vinyl & a small flower to match. I was really happy with how they turned out!
 
Every Christmas, I decorate my downstairs bathroom in lots of holly berries. I add hand towels, Christmas ribbon, & a Christmas soap dispenser. This year I also added this vinyl to our glass shower door. This vinyl makes it look like the glass has been etched but really its just a large vinyl applique. It is subtle but I think added the perfect final touch to the bathroom. 
  
Happy Crafting Everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, what material did you use for the wedding tiles and baby announcements? They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedding tiles are just vinyl stuck to normal 12"x12" ceramic tiles. The baby announcements I did on wood boards that I bought from Joannes, then painted white.

      Delete