Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentine Ideas

I am so, so far behind!! I have so many things to post and update, I'm not really sure where to begin. Soooo...since the next holiday to come upon us is Valentines Day, I thought I would show you what I did last year for Valentines Gifts. 
It's always a challenge for me to come up with creative *NEW* holiday handouts for my Young Women. Last year I was inspired one day while at .99 ONLY store shopping for something else. 
I found boxes of fortune cookies. There were a dozen in each box for $1!! SCORE! 
{SIDE NOTE...and YES, by the way, I do buy groceries at .99 ONLY.  I have 2 rules when buying food there. #1) it has to be name brand products. #2) Check expiration dates.}
Anyway...I have A LOT of girls to make hand outs for (I usually make 30), so the cheaper the better.
I then bought some of the red & pink chocolate for candy making & dipped just 1/2 the fortune cookie in chocolate. Add a few sprinkles and viola...SO. DANG. CUTE! and YUMMY!
 
I already had these adorable Valentine Chinese take out boxes in my bin of valentines stuff...so those were free.  
 

I put a little bit of red paper shreds in the bottom of each box and then filled each box with 3 cookies. 

 
They turned out SUPER cute and very YUMMY!! Both my YW and my boys LOVED getting them for Valentines. 
Happy Hearts Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment